PhotoViva is a simple, flexible photo editing and freeform painting application designed to transform your images into works of art. Download it from the App Store today.
Pixel PowerPhotoViva is a powerful application for photo editing and freeform painting. It can help you transform your pictures into expressive and colorful works of art. In addition to tools for enhancing your photos, there are paint brushes that let you make abstract painted interpretations of photos. You can select a brush and copy image features by cloning or painting. Brushes can track the direction of movement, or you can set the brush direction. You can also change the hue, saturation and blur of brush strokes as you go.
PhotoViva is compatible with iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad running iOS version 4.3 or newer.
See PhotoViva images on Instagram and flickr.
Program DocumentationClick here to learn more about using PhotoViva on your iPhone or iPad.
Comments so far...
- "Fantastic! - Amazing flexibility and quality."
- "Mind-Blowing unique painterly effects."
- "I love this app!!!!"
- "Unique effects. - Surprising amounts of app depth."
- "This is crap, throw away my money!!!!!!"
- "...truly a hidden treasure."
- "Absolutely awesome, will use this a lot!"
- "Wow! - Didn't expected so much from an iPhone drawing app."
NoteThe maximum output image size is based on the CPU and graphics capabilities of your iOS device.
I'm developing a version of this app for OSX. It will support output up to 4096 pixels across. If you want to be notified when it is available, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use large brush strokes to fill the canvas, then use smaller brush strokes to reveal detail
- Use Brushes in "Copy" mode instead of "Paint" mode to copy the source image to the canvas
- Use Tools->Blend undo.. to vary the density of your most recent change to the canvas
- Use the Airbrush in "Copy" mode to blend the image directly to the canvas after painting with brush strokes
- Try clearing to White, Black or Cream using the Fill menu before painting
- Add color noise to brush strokes to make a lively variation in the color
- Use less or no color noise when painting on skin tones
- Use the HDR correction feature on images that have people in the shadows
Featured ArtistChelsea Parker at The Modern iPhoneographer has been making some wonderful pictures with PhotoViva. Here's a beautiful set of her pictures on flickr.
- Universal app: buy once and run on all your iPhones, iPads and iPods
- Zoom and pan your canvas to do detailed work
- Image cropping
- 10 levels of undo and redo
- Camera support for devices with cameras
- Gallery of sample images provided
- Support for all iOS devices running iOS version 4.3 or newer
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) correction
- RGB adjustment
- Shadows, midtones, and brightness control
- Saturation and Sharpening
- Autopaint mode
- Hue adjustment
- Add noise function
- Blend functions
- Fill to white, black or cream
- Fill frame, outline or center
- Fill to current color
- 20 brushes are provided
- Set the angle or let the brushes track your touch
- Brushes paint or copy
- Brush size and color can be varied
- Your image can be used as a source of color
- Edit colors or pick colors from the canvas
- Adjust brightness, blur, saturation and hue on the fly
- Current canvas can be used as a source of image color
- Noise can be added to the color to vary the paint strokes
Download PhotoViva from the App Store and have fun with your iOS photos today.